Roman Holiday or Summer Vacation Italian Style

Now that we've had the time change and the days are getting longer, I'm starting to think about planning a summer vacation.
I'm not sure where I will be going at this point but any trip that I take will probably include Italy
which just yesterday celebrated 150 years of unification... thank you Bluetramonta Style for letting us know about Italy's anniversary.


I haven't been there in over a decade and conveniently, my younger brother will be moving this summer from Spain to Naples.

I'd like to spend some time in Rome, Sicily and on the Amalfi Coast.  But since those places will be so busy and touristy I might instead opt for
Apulia

The Tremeti Islands
and the Italian Alps.
I'm curious, if you were planning a summer trip to Italy, where would you go?