DelMonico Cedar Grove: Lifestyle Leak



There is nothing I love more than a perfectly cooked steak. I prefer a steak with a bone and a beautiful ribbon of fat running through it and YES, I like a little ketchup on the side. There I said it! Anyway, I tried an old favorite and it was very disappointing and I will not be back. Since, then I've been on a mission to find a new favorite and this is it!
DelMonico Steakhouse and Beyond is a winner! I ordered the large DelMonico steak medium well and it came out perfect. It was perfectly cooked, seasoned great, and the fat was charred perfectly. Just writing this now is making my mouth water. My boyfriend ordered the filet mignon and that was great too, but like I said my steak has to have a bone. Anyway, the menu is really extensive. There are tons of pages and for someone who can't make up their mind that might be a problem. All the sides are a la carte and we ordered way too many, two people can easily share one or two but we ordered four! Talk about overkill, but we had leftovers so it was okay.


The decor is pretty, dimly lit, and reminded me of an old school burlesque parlor, but the bar was most impressive to my boyfriend. Translation? There are a ton of TVs so he could see himself going there to watch the games and snack on the $4.00 small plates they offer for Happy Hour Thursday to Saturday. Overall, the food was fantastic, the service was great, and we had an amazing date night at DelMonico. I can't wait to return during the spring and sit at the table with the fire pit in the center, but being that there is only one I would suggest making reservations well in advance for it.


Try it for yourself:
Del Monico
"Steak and beyond"
505 Pompton Ave
Cedar Grove, NJ, 07009-1701
Phone: (973)433-0333