Freshen up between Washes


Dry shampoo's are all the rage right now, but my hair and scalp cannot stand them! To dry shampoo's defenses, I have only tried the powdered type and not the spray types but still the powder does nothing for me but make me have to wash my hair sooner. Instead, I use two products to freshen up my hair and scalp.

Philip B pH Restorative Detangling Toning Mist - this is a detangling, leave-in toner for the hair. This super-lightweight toner adjusts the pH of tap water allowing the cuticle of the hair to seal tightly, leaving smooth, detangled, shiny, gorgeous, finished, toned hair. With Apple Cider Vinegar as a natural astringent and pH balancer, together with lightweight essential oils, PHILIP B® pH Restorative Detangling Toning Mist detangles hair, reduces frizz and static, while enhancing shine, leaving your hair with a fresh, beautiful finish.

Because of the Apple Cider Vinegar it helps my scalp feel fresh and clean. I part my hair and spritz it directly on my scalp for a mid-week pick me up. I try my best not to get it on the length of my hair when I'm rocking a roller set.

Since I've been going to the gym more lately, I've been sweating like crazy. All my relaxed and natural's that rock their hair straight know sweat is a problem. When I work out I keep my hair wrapped up and secured under a scarf. I don't unwrap my hair until the sweat has dried completely otherwise, I end up with frizz and curly roots. I turn to DevaCurl Mist-er Right to get rid of any gym scents. DevaCurl Mist-er Right - A lavender infused, curl revitalizer, refresher and rejuvenator for all curl types.

With the DevaCurl Mist-er Right I spritz the entire length of my hair and then wrap it up to dry. The key is to not use too much, it smells great so you might be tempted to use more than you need. Remember a little goes a long way and too much will make your hair less sleek and invite frizzies to pop up all over the place.