Orange County Historical Society, Silverado, etc.

I just launched a new Flickr photo account for the Orange County Historical Society (OCHS) this weekend. We're starting out small, with a handful of images that were already scanned and available. Hopefully we'll add more content later, reflecting a broader range of locales throughout the County. The OCHS photo above shows the Ringling Brothers Circus parade going down 4th Street in Santa Ana in September 1910. There are photos of this parade scattered through a number of collections throughout O.C., and someday it would be fun to gather copies of them all together and do a slide show.
.
The Orange County Historical Society's previously announced April 9th program, "Remembering the Golden Bear" has been cancelled, due to circumstances beyond their control. In leiu of that program, Jo An Ardanaz of the Yorba Linda Historical Society will present a discussion on the Suzanne Bixby Bryant Ranch in Yorba Linda. This should also be an excellent program, so I hope you won't shy away just because we've switched from bears to bulls (or rather, cattle). The meeting will still take place Apr. 9, 7:30pm at Trinity Episcopal Church, 2400 N. Canal St., in Orange.
.
Just when I think I've heard of every historical group in Orange County, another one appears on my radar screen. While searching for something totally unrelated, I stumbled across a website for the Orange County Jewish Historical Society.
.
This note appeared in the comments for my previous post: "Do you know what the oldest elementary school in Orange County is? Just wondering... I'm working to save Silverado Elementary which dates from 1903...(at two different sites, yes)."
.
I'm afraid I don't know what the oldest school is in O.C., but perhaps one of our readers does. Anyone?... Anyone?... Bueller?...