Princess PJ Party with Once Upon a Princess & BBTB2


Happy BBTB2 Monday!  This week at BBTB2 we were challenged to use the rainbow cut from the Once Upon A Princess Cricut cartridge.  I am going to tell the truth and say that I was not thrilled with this cut.... UNTIL I designed my layout.  Then I decided this cut is adorable and has sooo many great uses.


I used Design Studio and designed a layout using several cuts from Once Upon a Princess.  I had never actually cut the cute castle on OUAP (GASP!) so I had a lot of fun with the layout.  I was especially excited to find the PJ cut, which includes adorable bunny slippers.  What a fun find.


I used the challenge cut to make a journaling card and attached the card to the upper left corner of the layout.  That way I still include journaling on a very full page, but also I get to include a cute decorative cut.  Sometimes all it takes is a little creativity to include the elements that we need.


In addition to my usual doodles and dots, I added a lot of gems to this layout.  I blinged the crowns at the bottom of the Pricess matting, as well as to the Princess PJ sets. 


I also added a bit of bling to the top of the castle.  The final touch was to add tiny ribbon bows to the corners of the photos, to the Pricess's hair, and to the top tower of the castle. 


I tried to video myself assembing this project. This video has a new camera position, which may or may not be an improvement.  I have found I quite like doing the videos and I will keep working on my skills.