Hesh Aritha Powder Recall



So I just went to use a box of Aritha Powder that I've had for a while now in my closet. I wanted to see what powders I should mix it with so I googled it and found that Aritha Powder had been recalled in Canada.


Recall Info: This recall involves Hesh Aritha Powder, sold in 100g yellow and orange boxes. The recalled product can be identified by UPC 8901701104108. All lots are affected by this recall. Hazard Identified The recalled powder shampoo contains high numbers of microbial growth, including Klebsiella pneumonia, Escherichia hermannii, Pantoea species, Enterobacter cloacae, and mold. The species, Enterobacter cloacae, is a coliform. Coliforms are abundant in the feces of warm-blooded animals, and are an indicator of a product manufactured under poor sanitary conditions when found in personal care products. Their presence suggests that other pathogens (disease causing organisms) of fecal origin may also be present. Since this product is a powder, the pathogens can be introduced into the body by inhalation or can enter open wounds.


The recall says approximately 1,300 units of the products were sold in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba and the Greater Toronto Area. Well guess what ladies, I purchased this powder in NEW JERSEY so the recall extends further. Check your powders!