Christmas in May?

I must say, today was like Christmas in May for me. I arrived home from work and found two packages waiting for me. The first, a box, I suspected was my Provo Craft special two cartridge purchase, but I had NO idea what that big padded bag contained. The label said "Cricut Replacement Parts." I took both the box and the padded package back to my scrap room... and THAT'S when it hit me: LYRICAL LETTERS from the Chirp!! So... today I received Lyrical Letters, Home Decor, Jubilee, a Juke Box, and the basic set of cricut pens!! If not Christmas, then at least a second birthday... without that whole aging thing!!!!

So yes, I did have to play with the cartridges. I cut some elements for a layout I am scrapping, but it is not ready for public viewing yet. I can share a birthday card I cut and assembled. It is for one of my chocolate loving co-workers.



Next, I finished some cards for stamp club. We have a card swap at our stamp club meetings. I guess I will have to wait to post the stamp club cards until Sunday. Sorry.

Finally, while using my nesties I spied my cute little bird shapebilities. I just had to make a card using the birds. I really like the simplicity of the bird shapes; they seem to "pop" off of the printed background.



I am not sure what is up with my color choices. I seem to be very attracted to aqua this week. I especially liked the softness of the aqua with the intensity of the deep browns.


I should have more to share tomorrow...