Cozy Cottage Card


The challenge this week at Bitten by the Bug is the house card from the Wild Card cartridge. Have I shared with you just how much I like Wild Card? I use it for all of my base cards these days, no matter what else I do with the card. And the selection of "base cards" is just amazing.

Regina challenged us to use the house card and I immediately thought cottage! I used Stampin' Up card stock to create this cozy cottage. I double-layered the roof, adding lace trim. I also added an additional card stock "back ground" piece behind the door and plants.


The basic house card has a four section round window, which I deleted with the Hide Selected Contour feature. I replaced the window with a decorative cut from the Home Decor cartridge. I also added a crochet trimmed brad to the window center.


Instead of layering the front door, I used one door piece with pop dots only on the right side; the left side I zig-zagged closed. A small brad made a perfect door handle, and a small ring was a perfect door wreath.


The two topiary and the wreath are covered in flower soft. I used markers on the topiary, but decided they need more pop. Then I remembered the flower soft and applied it to the wreath as well.

The entire top edged of the card was straight stitched, as well as doodled.


I finished the card off with an additional rectangle containing the word WELCOME. I have new neighbors in the new house across the street, so I plan to drop by some brownies and this card later this week.