New Cartridges revealed yesterday


Oh how I love Hello Thursday!  It is that special day of the month were Provo Craft taunts and teases us with their latest selection of new Cricut cartridges.  This Hello Thursday was especially near and dear to my heart as I have been requesting a music cartridge for sometime!  And Hello Thursday allowed me to say hello to Quarter Note, the new music cartridge!!


All three of my children were in middle school and high school band as well as Jazz Ensemble.  This cartridge thrills me all the way down to my "in time" tapping toes!  Of course most of our musical adventures have been scrapped already but I may yet need this new cartridge and THAT is why it is on my list of must have cartridges!  That and it's three fonts, word art and music art!


And just because I love this cartridge SOOO much, I created a couple of previews in Design Studio.


My next favorite of today's releases is Ornamental Iron.


Initially I had a ho-hum reaction to the name.  But then I visited Joy at Obsessed with Scrapbooking and viewed her Ornamental Iron card!  I quickly went from ho-hum to OH WOW!  I love what Joy has done with this cartridge and THAT is what caused this cartridge to make my of "I want" cartridges!


Next on the list of today's new releases is Paper Lace.  Okay, so you know all of those lacy paper you purchase for $1.50 (or so) each?  No more, I say!!


Not only will you no longer need to purchase those expensive single sheets of lacy paper, you can make your own layers!  You can custom size your lacy paper to custom fit your project!  No more cutting the big sheet trying to make it fit your card, then wasting the rest of the lacy paper.  And guess what?  You know that Glimmer Mist relief stencils?  The Tim Holtz stencils?  Oh yes, with a bit of vinyl you can now make your own custom stencils!!


Next is Wrap It Up, a phase II cartridge.  It is similar to Tags, Bags, Boxes and More, only on steroids!


For those who love their TBBM cartridge, you are going to be THRILLED with Wrap It Up.  Imagine having word art, tags, cards, and bags - which all match!!  For those of us who are slightly OCD, this is a designer's dream come true.  It will all match!!!


Next is a fun little cartridge for those of us who "embellish" our vehicles.  And I just have to ask, why would we NOT embellish our vehicles?  They are an extension of who we are.  My own Honda mommy-mobile (Odyssey) has two embellies, a lime green cricut head in one back window corner and a sweet Hello Kitty face in the other corner!


This cartridge contains so much more than just the fun little people pictured below.  It also contains word art, like Support Our Troops, and additional layers. 



Finally the last of the new releases is Sesame Street Seasons.  I am going to say that with my "children" in the 20s, this probably should not be high on my list.  But I have a confession - I love Grover!!  My older son sounded like Grover as a toddler, forever endearing Grover to us.  Also, did you catch the last word in the title? Seasons.


In addition to the many fun Sesame Street images (did you see Grover with the umbrella) there are also seasonal images and seasonal Sesame Street characters.  OMGosh!  Check out Big Bird on that sledding saucer!  Seriously, if you have small children, you NEED this cartridge!  Move it straight to your must have list!!!   By the way, would you like to see a fabulous and unexpected card created with this cartridge?  You have to see what Melanie did with this cartridge at Courtney Lane Designs.  I love her snowman card. That's right, from this cartridge.


I have updated my "Must Have" and "Want" lists with this release. Now it is your turn to drool and choose!