First Christmas Card of 2010 - Seriously!


No, I am not kidding, I really have already begun my Christmas cards for 2010. Last year I put myself on a card making schedule and it worked wonderfully. I decided that if I crafted six Christmas cards each month, come December I would be all set to mail out my cards.



This was so successful last year that I have decided to do it again this year and this is my first card. I used BasicGrey paper as a background. I used white-washed Core'dination cardstock and embossed the brass Sizzix bell die. I used a sanding block and removed the top layer of white wash from the paper.



I used my rectangular nesties to trim the edges of the embossed bells. I used the scalloped rectangular nestie to cut a mat for the bells.


Finally I cut three foil poinsettias with the cricut and using pop dots mounted two flowers on the front corners and one flat inside the card. The angle of the above photo makes the poinsettia look very scratched up when in reality this is not the real-life effect.  As a mailing tip, the cards will fit into an envelop more smoothly if your do not use pop dots. I paid twenty cents extra to mail several of my Christmas Cards this year.